Subject: Re: [lojban] ALL YOUR BASE

From: Edward Cherlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 18:55:23 -0700

At 5:41 PM -0700 6/2/01, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 02:53:44AM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
>>
>> la pycyn cusku di'e
>>
>> >I'm following this argument and I don't even know what it is about (I
>> >have the source text apparently but have no clue whence it comes).
>>
> > At first I thought they were new Bushisms, but now I don't think so.

An easily understood mistake. :-)

>Bad mistranslations of an old video game.

The game is Zero Wing. Details on the history of the game and the 
history of the memetic explosion are provided in the FAQ at

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/file/zero_wing.txt

The dud English translation was included in the European release. 
There was at that time no US release. Budget problems have been 
blamed for the apparent hiring of a college student with a dictionary.
-- 

Edward Cherlin
Generalist
"A knot!" exclaimed Alice. "Oh, do let me help to undo it."
Alice in Wonderland