Subject: Re: [lojban] RE: Rabbity Sand-Laugher

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:20:36 -0700

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 05:23:03PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> My point is not to criticize what you did (on the contrary, I approve
> heartily), but rather to observe that communication of your intent and
> desires fell through here, 

Well, that's clearly the case. 8)

> and it was never clear that you were seeking other works that met the
> above 5 criteria, since you did not post the criteria until after you
> had made a selection.

Yeah, I suppose that's true.

> (BTW, I would add Sherlock Holmes to the list of candidates, noting
> that this work is also much translated and has the benefit of
> extensive scholarship from the Baker Street Irregulars as to any
> idiosyncratic meanings of various passages and references.)

That's a good idea, actually. Thanks.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/