Subject: Re: [lojban] multiple choice questions

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:23:02 -0400

On Tue, 05 Jun 2001, [email-masked] wrote:
>> i do djica ma poi cmima lo birje ce lo vanju
>> > (you want what, which is a member of the set composed of beer and wine?)
>> > 
>> > .i xu do nelci di'u 
>> 
>> That's a great solution, IMO. Very lojbanic.
>> 
>
>
>
>It looks like a literal translation from a really bad English phrase-book. 
>{ji} is lojbanic (well, it certainly isn't any other language).

But if I ask which of five things you want, and you answer with four
conjunctions, I may be pondering for a minute or two figuring out that you want
coffee and sugar, or tea and cream, but not both, and it doesn't matter whether
you get orange juice. If I ask using the member-of-set construct, and you
answer with a list, I know what you want immediately.

phma