Subject: Re: [lojban] More Alice

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:19:31

la djan cusku di'e

> > i le NI darno le GLIco cu ni JIBni be la FRANs
>
>Note that this NI must be followed by a pause.

That shouldn't be a problem, there are also several other words
in the song that require pauses.

In any case, I'm not certain why this particular pause is needed.
What could be the ambiguity? It cannot absorb the following word
to form a brivla, even if the stress of darno were somehow missed.
The rule as formulated requires that every cmavo that ends with a
stress and is followed by a brivla be separated by a pause, but
the rule is overly strict, isn't it?

(This is actually the only line where the secondary beat stress
falls in the wrong place, but I'm not inclined to change it.)

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.