Subject: Re: [lojban] More lexing curiosities - la'i within cmene?

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:23:58 +0100

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 07:37:40AM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> Correction:
> 
> Names are not permitted to have the sequences ``la'', ``lai'', ``la'i'' or
> ``doi'' embedded in them, unless the sequence is immediately preceded by a
> consonant or followed by a vowel or apostrophe.
> 

OK, I'm happy with the thread so far. This is pretty much what I
thought the rule would be.

Now for another spanner in the works. What if "la" is preceded by "y"?
e.g. does "cydoispat" break up into "cy doi spat"? I guess the answer
is not, since the latter would strictly be "cy. doi spat.", so there
would be a pause before "doi" to save us.

-- 
Richard P. Curnow, Weston-super-Mare, UK
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/
email:[email-masked] email:[email-masked]