Subject: LogFest 2001

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 21:58:08 -0400

LogFest 2001 will be held at my house in Fairfax Va (easily accessible by 
subway from Union Station and Reagan Washington National Airport), on the 
weekend of 28-29 July 2001. People can arrive early and stay late - 
usually the first arrivals are Friday evening. Much of Sunday is consumed 
by the annual meeting of la lojbangirz. which starts at 1030AM. Don't plan 
on getting enough sleep, but we have several guest beds; it wouldn't hurt 
to bring sleeping bags if it is not inconvenient, because we could have a 
larger crowd than usual this year (last year we had around 2 dozen).

As noted, xod is planning to speak only Lojban at the gathering. Mark 
Shoulson was planning to try to be able to keep up with him, and be able to 
translate for him at the annual meeting (which we are not yet able to hold 
entirely in Lojban), and Nick Nicholas may also be Lojban-only if he is 
able to make it (last I heard he expected to do so). Last year, pycyn said 
he would try to make it this year, but hasn't yet spoken up.

Other than the annual meeting there are few planned activities - mostly 
socializing and whatever people want to do at any given time. We find that 
people seldom get bored even without a schedule. No doubt some time will 
be spent discussing the dictionary and Nick's level 0 book, which may be 
close to publication by then. We usually have at least two IRC sessions so 
as to involve those who cannot make it to LogFest in the festivities; last 
year, the LogFest end of the IRC chats were web-televised by xod.

People may propose other things they would like to see done or discussed at 
LogFest, and we'll probably plan to do as many of them as possible if the 
interested people show up. Likewise, we can add things to the agenda for 
the annual meeting if someone asks.

If you think you might come, let me know. We ask for contributions of $30 
or more to defray the costs (which tend to run around $500 a year). We 
provide food and beverages, and can accommodate some dietary constraints if 
you let us know.
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org