Subject: Re: LogFest 2001

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:33:57 -0000

probably can't make it, but i'm curious about one thing. how many at 
the typical logfest (and participating/talking in lojban) are 
female? yes, i'm male, but it's an intellectual curiousity--to see 
how male-dominated (my hypothesis) the lojban world is.

--- In lojban@y..., "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <lojbab@l...> wrote:
> LogFest 2001 will be held at my house in Fairfax Va (easily 
accessible by 
> subway from Union Station and Reagan Washington National Airport), 
on the 
> weekend of 28-29 July 2001. People can arrive early and stay late -

> usually the first arrivals are Friday evening. Much of Sunday is 
consumed 
> by the annual meeting of la lojbangirz. which starts at 1030AM. 
Don't plan 
> on getting enough sleep, but we have several guest beds; it 
wouldn't hurt 
> to bring sleeping bags if it is not inconvenient, because we could 
have a 
> larger crowd than usual this year (last year we had around 2 dozen).
> 
> As noted, xod is planning to speak only Lojban at the gathering. 
Mark 
> Shoulson was planning to try to be able to keep up with him, and be 
able to 
> translate for him at the annual meeting (which we are not yet able 
to hold 
> entirely in Lojban), and Nick Nicholas may also be Lojban-only if 
he is 
> able to make it (last I heard he expected to do so). Last year, 
pycyn said 
> he would try to make it this year, but hasn't yet spoken up.
> 
> Other than the annual meeting there are few planned activities - 
mostly 
> socializing and whatever people want to do at any given time. We 
find that 
> people seldom get bored even without a schedule. No doubt some 
time will 
> be spent discussing the dictionary and Nick's level 0 book, which 
may be 
> close to publication by then. We usually have at least two IRC 
sessions so 
> as to involve those who cannot make it to LogFest in the 
festivities; last 
> year, the LogFest end of the IRC chats were web-televised by xod.
> 
> People may propose other things they would like to see done or 
discussed at 
> LogFest, and we'll probably plan to do as many of them as possible 
if the 
> interested people show up. Likewise, we can add things to the 
agenda for 
> the annual meeting if someone asks.
> 
> If you think you might come, let me know. We ask for contributions 
of $30 
> or more to defray the costs (which tend to run around $500 a 
year). We 
> provide food and beverages, and can accommodate some dietary 
constraints if 
> you let us know.
> --
> lojbab lojbab@l...
> Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
> 2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-
385-0273
> Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: 
http://www.lojban.org