Subject: RE:Logfest 2001

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 20:43:26 EDT

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 01:58:23PM -0400, Invent Yourself wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> 
> > On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 10:10:01PM -0400, Invent Yourself wrote:
> > > On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> > >
> > > > As noted, xod is planning to speak only Lojban at the gathering.
> > >
> > >
> > > .i ju'a lojbo .i zo'o ju'acu'i nuntavla .i ba'a nalbanli ki'u le du'u
> > > lizbacru ba'o nalbanzu
> >
> > .i xu va'i do jinvi le du'u do na bredi le nu do bacru bau po'o la
> > lojban.
> 
> 
> .i ju'ocu'i ni mi certu va'o le nu bacru casnu

.i je'e

There is an old story about a famous German philosopher who was delivering a 
lecture in best academic German. After half an hour, a public listener -- 
i.e., not a student or colleague -- stood up and yelled "A verb! Give us a 
verb!"
I want to yell "Give us a sumti!" 
xod asserts something is Lojbanic. A safe bet on this net. Maybe, by 
context, he means Logfest, or even his act of speaking only Lojban at 
Logfest, either qualifies -- as does his promise to do the latter. He asserts 
neutrally (??! "mentions"?) and humorously (maybe the humorous refers to the 
idea of neutral assertion?) that something is an event of talking: the same 
thing as before? All the candidates above apply, since the rule seems to be 
that talking only lojban can not be accomplished by keeping absolutely 
silent. He anticipates that something (the same thing? I suppose so) will be 
less than grand for the reason that [doesn't seem to be grammatical: {le}?] 
someone's (his?) experience in uttering has been insufficient. Presumably in 
uttering Lojban sentences, so probably the second choice is right, but then 
again, that depends on the interpretation of the puzzling bit.
Anyhow, Robin CA clear it up: Do you think your are not ready to utter in 
Lojban only?
xod replies that he is uncertain that n (unspecified) is the amount he is 
certain under the condition ("if"?) something (else, presumably) is an oral 
discussion. 

Well, let us give xod every encouragement in his effort. He is one of the 
half-dozen most likely to be able to pull it off and someone ought to do it.