Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: LogFest 2001

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 23:27:51 -0400

At 10:33 PM 06/07/2001 +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
>probably can't make it, but i'm curious about one thing. how many at
>the typical logfest (and participating/talking in lojban) are
>female? yes, i'm male, but it's an intellectual curiousity--to see
>how male-dominated (my hypothesis) the lojban world is.

Well, my wife is female and one of the founders of the Lojban effort. Alex 
Miles-Lasseter is also on the LLG board, and will also be there, but is 
still learning the language. We often have at least one other female 
Lojbanist around, but overall you are correct that the Lojban community is 
largely male - primarily I think because much of our recruiting has been by 
word-of mouth among programmer-types, who also are most commonly male.

lojbab

--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org