Subject: Poetry

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:33:04 -0400

coi rodo

I had an idea for a lojban poetic verseform which is unique among poetic
styles I have seen so far, both in that it cannot be translated to English
and in that it uses no gismu.

A sample poem:

.ua.u'a.ua.u'a
.u'e.u'e.ui.u'a
.oinai.ua.ui.u'a

The rule is this: three lines of roughly the same length, containing only
attitudinals and all ending with the same one, and a total of between 15 and
20 syllables, placing heavy stress on the first syllable of any
multisyllabic attitudinals (.u'a, .u'e, .oinai, etc.)

--la kreig.daniyl

'Through all of the islands and all of the highlands, if we couldn't
laugh we would all go insane.'
-la djimi.BYFyt (STILL haven't figured out the best
transliteration. Oh well.)

pgp public key ID: 0x5C3A1E74