Subject: Re: [lojban] An approach to attitudinals

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 01:09:32

la lojbab cusku di'e

>loi lojbo ca banro .au
>Lojban is growing, and I want this to be the case.

I read it as "I wish Lojban were growing now".

I wouls say what you want to express as something like
{loi lojbo ca ui je ba a'o banro}.

>The problem with
>possible worlds is that our emotions are not logical, and attitudes
>shouldn't NEED to be analyzed for whether they are "logical" for the
>situation.

I'm not suggesting anything like that. But if you get from
{au loi lojbo ca banro} something other than a wish that it be
true, we won't be communicating very successfully.

>I can use ".a'o" for "Lojban is presently growing as well,
>because I may be saying that it is growing now, but also anticipating a
>future where it continues to grow.

Then say so: {ca ui je ba a'o}

>The "ca" is not what inspires the
>".a'o", but rather the "banro".

I haven't seen such usage yet. It would come into conflict with
the usage I have seen. I doubt that both can coexist, it would be
terribly confusing.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.