Subject: Re: [lojban] The new approach to attitudinals

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 01:20:34

la rab spir cusku di'e

>Of course. No word could change the fact that true things continue to be 
>true
>or that false things continue to be false. The speaker's percieved truth 
>value
>is what's important, and this is what I'm talking about.

The attitudinals don't change the speaker's perceived truth value
either, I would think.

>For example, {a'o} changes the truth value from "I state that this is true" 
>to
>"I hope that this is true".

{a'o} makes that change, only I don't see how you can call that a change
in truth value. It doesn't matter, we agree on what {a'o} does, even
if we disagree about how to call it.

>Would you follow something like {ianai} or {ju'onai} with the statement you
>believe is false, or with a true statement about what you believe is false?

With a statement that I believe not to be true.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.