Subject: Re: [lojban] Purpose of bridi

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:36:51 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/2001 12:40:23 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> i le bengo cu simsa le gapru gi'e le gapru cu sisma le bengo nei prupla le
> 

{bengo} means Bengali -- {cnita}? {sisma} is {simsa} (welcome to the 
independent-finger typing school). {simsa} is weaker that {dunli} or {mintu} 
and I think the passage can take the stronger form. {gi'e} is for brid-tails, 
I think (though I am not sure what they are) and this seems to connect 
complete bridi. I am unsure how to use {nei} except in {nei jetfa} but I 
don't think it is actually in the preceding bridi -- so you want an {.i}
(which, in this context, you don't need at the beginning) and then {di'u}. 
The rest then says "this utterance planned that someone do the one and only 
thing-({dacni} > {dacti}) function (? {facnu} > {fancu})" Minimally, I 
suspect that {pa} modifies {dacti} and is not the internal quantifier with 
{le}, so maybe {pa zei dacti} or {dacti pamei}. And I think that {prupla} is 
either the wrong brivla altogether or that you need a different choice of 
places to use, {di'u se prupla fi le nu...}?
Good first shot in that it brings out nicely where the big problems are and 
gets some things tacked down.