Subject: RE: [lojban] Purpose of bridi

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:48:23 -0400

>{bengo} means Bengali -- {cnita}? {sisma} is {simsa} (welcome to the

I read the wrong lime of the second column in the gismu list - I do mean
cnita.

>independent-finger typing school). {simsa} is weaker that {dunli} or
{mintu}
>and I think the passage can take the stronger form. {gi'e} is for
brid-tails,

I was taking it as "they are similar" but knowing alchemical doctrine it
does need a stronger form. I didn't think of dunli, and I have never heard
of mintu before, but it does fit rather nicely.

>I think (though I am not sure what they are) and this seems to connect
>complete bridi. I am unsure how to use {nei} except in {nei jetfa} but I

nei = this bridi, it seemed to fit. But it makes me wonder - if I just say
.i nei haven't I just told you about an infinite string of .i's? or have I
not said anything?

>don't think it is actually in the preceding bridi -- so you want an {.i}
>(which, in this context, you don't need at the beginning) and then {di'u}.
>The rest then says "this utterance planned that someone do the one and only
>thing-({dacni} > {dacti}) function (? {facnu} > {fancu})" Minimally, I
>suspect that {pa} modifies {dacti} and is not the internal quantifier with
>{le}, so maybe {pa zei dacti} or {dacti pamei}. And I think that {prupla}
is
>either the wrong brivla altogether or that you need a different choice of

My copy of the lujvo list says it means to intend or to purpose so nei
prupla would be 'this sentence has the purpose of'

>places to use, {di'u se prupla fi le nu...}?
>Good first shot in that it brings out nicely where the big problems are and
>gets some things tacked down.

Thanks.

Now as for the message that just showed up while I was typing this, you're
right Michael, it does need to be two sentences.
Thanks for all the input everyone!

--la kreig.daniyl

'segu temci fa le bavli gi mi'o ba renvi lo purci
.i ga la fonxa cu janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku cmesanji: 0x5C3A1E74