Subject: RE: [lojban] An approach to attitudinals

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:50:27 -0400

And if you were one of those many, many humans, that wouldn't be physically
painful?

Actually, Robin, I wasn't using the clinical meaning of the word, which I
know full well it is not. I was usig it to refer to the idea of being
hopeful for the death of many, many humans - possibly including YOU! Just
another of those things being better at the unambiguous language I'm on this
list to discuss would have made clearer - if I had said it in lojban. there
would have been no question.

-----Original Message-----
From: sentto-44114-7920-992403977-ragnarok=[email-masked]
[mailto:sentto-44114-7920-992403977-ragnarok=[email-masked]]O
n Behalf Of Robin Lee Powell
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 11:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [lojban] An approach to attitudinals

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 11:41:44PM -0400, Craig wrote:
> > Hope doesn't have to have anything to do with happiness. I hope, for
> > the sake of the earth, that something happens to kill many, many
humans.
> > Such an event would _not_ make me happy.
>
> This is what we know as 'masochism'

Bullshit.

http://www.vhemt.org/

masochism is about physical pain.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.