Subject: Re: [lojban] hope

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:13:31 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/2001 1:46:10 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> > .a'o mi klama .i
> > mi .a'o klama .i
> > mi klama .a'o .i
> > 
> > .a'o du'u mi klama
> 
> To be really picky, "a'o" applies to the entire text there (because it 
> occurred
> at the beginning of the text) and the other ones are redundant. There would
> need to be a .i before the first .a'o.
> 

Well, to be really really picky (not the best thing to do with a poet, by the 
way) an initial {.i} would be improper, since there is no preceding sentence 
({.i} does not begin a sentence, it continues a discourse). And the rule 
about initial {a'o} is not official (indeed, the official position is for 
minimal scope, but really is undefined), so not binding, especially on poets.