Subject: RE: [lojban] Lessons

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 22:03:45 +0100

Robin Lee Powell
> On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 02:15:26PM -0400, Invent Yourself wrote:
> > Nick, I hope you're teaching the newbies to use "va'o" for what they think
> > "if, then" is, instead of "ganai, gi" or whatever the misleading
> > formal-logic conditional is.
> 
> You might recall that not all of us agree that the formal-logic
> conditional is misleading.
> 
> Those of you who felt that it was never seemed to be able to come up
> with a clearer argument then, "Well, it just is. So there.".

In discussions over the last decade, I've come up with clearer
arguments. But I can't keep up with current traffic, and, like
others, am loth to rehash the same set of arguments every couple
of years. However, if someone wants to organize a kind of FAQ
on logicosemantic issues for people already au fait with the
Refgram, I'd be happy to contribute when time permits.

--And.