Subject: Re: [lojban] Are attitudinals assertions? (was: Attitudinals again (was: Sapi...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 18:15:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/2001 9:52:37 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> > Aren't there
> >some miinimum requirements for playing in the metagame?
> 
> i ti'e le nu se menli lo kucli cu romei lei sarcu be
> le nu pagbu le nunkelci
> 

Ahah! Someone else hs decided to test my reading ability. So today I just go 
with what is meant, not with what is said. 
A curious mind is certainly necessary, but not sufficient -- not the whole of 
the necessities. You also have to be able to understand what others say and 
to communicate back to them -- minimally to notice if you don't understand 
and ask about. It now appears that we have been arguing an issue for two 
weeks and one principal discussant has neither understood what the rest were 
saying nor was able to communicate what he meant, since he did not understand 
a central word. The word is not even jargon, but an ordinary word used not 
extraordinarily (I refrain from my rant about the educational system today).