Subject: Re: hexadecimal and lojban

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:34:27 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., pycyn@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 6/18/2001 2:39:19 AM Central Daylight Time, 
> thinkit8@l... writes:
> 
> 
> > anyway, i was hoping the creators really 
> > made dau-vai with the hope of hexadecimal as default in the 
future.
> > 
> 
> As the specification of bases makes clear, Lojban considers decimal 
as 
> fundamental. Anyway, duodecimal is the most convenient form for 
humans 
> (finger counting aside).

duodecimal is fine...lojban can handle it just fine with dau fei. 
but since lojban has 0x10 voiced digits, i can only assume they meant 
for hexadecimal to be standard--at least in the future.