Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Sentence translation

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:00:18 -0700

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 05:38:54PM -0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> In any case, what I find most objectionable is using {ko} there
> instead of {do}. What exactly is the command? Whatever {do} does, the
> statement will be true anyway, or in any case it will be up to you to
> make it true, so it is a promise/threat, not a command.
> 
> Unless you are interpreting it as both a command and a threat, i.e. a
> blend of {ko co'u zutse le mi karce} and {do co'u zutse le mi karce
> ijonai mi popygau le do stedu sepi'o le vi barda grana}. But can it be
> both?

We've been over this before, but in my opinion, yes.

There's another way, as well:

va'o le nu do na sisti le nu zutse le mi karce kei kei mi popygau le do
stedu sepi'o le vi barda grana

I'm sure there's a better way to do the 'kei kei' though.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/