Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: zi'o and modals

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 02:01:38

la adam cusku di'e

>So does Hebrew ("lalekhet" vs. "linsoa"), and many other languages.
>Maybe we should really be using "muvdu" when there's no vehicle
>involved; I'm not sure what the distinction between "klama" and
>"muvdu" is otherwise.

If we go by the keywords, klama is volitional and muvdu non-volitional.
But both are much more restrictive than their natlang cognates.
Especially muvdu, which only works for displacements and not for
motion in general. And we can't even get the general notion from
its opposite, "still", because we don't have a clear word for
that one either...

>i ta'o mi so'iroi kucli le du'u makau valsi la'o zoi bring zoi la
>lojban i le ka bevri cu la'a nibli le ka jgari i xu zo muvgau e zo
>klagau cu dukse le ka malxebro srana

i ka'e mapti i ku'i pe'i zo muvgau cu simsa zo benji i na sarcu
fa le nu le muvgau cu muvdu i ju'ocu'i zo klakansa a zo klakangau
so'iroi mapti i mu'a lu ko klakangau le cukta do ti li'u ka'e se
smuni zoi zoi bring the book with you zoi

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.