Subject: Re: [lojban] Help!! learning Lojban

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:58:27

la kreig cusku di'e

>.lu mi xusra ledu'u ledi'e jetnu si'unai se jimpe
>
>**"I
>assert the fact that the fol-lowing utterance is true unaided by the
>understood thing :

{le di'e jetnu} is "the following truth", "the truth associated
with the following". {si'unai se jimpe} is the "verb" of that
sentence. Something like "the following truth is not-with-helper
understood".

>.i mi pacna lenu lemi vo panzi baco'a xabju lo jecta noi ra se pajni
>ji'u le skari be lera skapi be'o na.e le selkai be lera nuntarti
>
>**I hope for the event of my four children will inhabit a state, they
>are judged based on the colour of their skin not the property of their
>behaviour???

{na.e} means "not the first one AND (yes) the second one"

>.i ca lenu mi'o gasnu lenu le kamzifre cu janbe .i ca lenu gasnu lenu
>ri janbe vi ro cmatca .e ro jectypau .e ro tcadu kei mi'o lirgau le
>djedi poi
>
>**Now, the event of we do the event of freedom is a bell??.

{ca} is not "now" but "at the same time as ...", which defaults
to the present. So {ca le nu ...} means "when ...". In this case,
"when we make freedom toll", or something.

>the now
>doing of event freedom is a bell? here producing sound all villages and
>all states and all ci-ties...

Similarly, {vi} is (rather idiomatically unfortunately) the space
equivalent of {ca}. So "When we make freedom toll in every town,
every state and every city, we earlify the day which..."

>FUCK I've had enough!

i banzu xamgu

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.