Subject: Re: [lojban] koko & jai

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:40:08

la aulun cusku di'e

>1) ko ko kurji:
>
>Isn't it pleonasm using {ko} two times here?

Yes, which doesn't make it wrong or bad, does it?

>2) Is it the fact that {jai} only can be used to go around a 1-place 
>abstraction? And also, not allowed to go with {se} etc.?

Both {jai se broda} and {se jai broda} are allowed.

>le nu do tavla bau la lojban cu fenki -> tu'a do fenki -> do jai fenki fai 
>tavla bau la lojban.

It should be: {fai le nu tavla bau la lojban}.

>but
>mi djuno le du'u do tavla bau la lojban. -> mi djuno tu'a do //-> mi jai 
>djuno do fai...

No, it should be: {do jai se djuno mi fai le du'u tavla bau la lojban}
or {mi se jai se djuno do fai le du'u ...}

>or: mi morji zo'e do -> mi morji tu'a do -> mi jai morji do ????

{mi se jai se morji do}.

>Since {jai} switches the places, I fear there arise heavy problems with 
>some of the above constructions.

{jai} switches the first place with the fai-place. It combines with
se, te, etc the same way that they do among themselves.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.