Subject: Re: [lojban] Proper 21CII

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:43:31 EDT

Thanks for the guidance.

In a message dated 6/27/2001 1:22:55 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> la pycyn cusku di'e
> 
> >Psalm 146
> >ko si'asku la zast vau doi le mi pruxi .i mi ba si'asku la zast. ca'o le nu
> >mi jmive .i mi ba si'arsa'a lemi cevni ku ca'o le nu mi zasti
> 
> I would use {ze'a le nu mi jmive}, {ze'a le nu mi zasti}:
> The full duration of the main event is given by the event of my
> living. Isn't {ai} better than {ba} here?

Maybe even {ze'e}? I am feeling my way with some of these cmavo still. I 
argued about {ai} v {ba}: it is intent here, but the simple future is 
stronger. The Hebrew is no help, so far a I can see (nor is the English, of 
course).

> 
> >.i ko na lacri lo turni a lo verba be lo remna iki'ubo le se liste na ka'e
> >sidju
> 
> I don't really see any list there, I would prefer {le se go'i}, but "they" 
> is hard to do in Lojban. Also, the version in Spanish
> that I have has {no'u} instead of {a}.

I been having this trouble with "they," does {le se go'i} really work? I 
think this needs some systematic device for this problem, but can't find it. 
Could we really have left it out? {no'u} is a real possibility in the Hebrew 
apparently, but I like the stress that the {a} gives. 

> 
> >.i gleki fa le se sidju be le cevni be la iakob. ku va'i le pacna be tu'a 
> >la
> >zast. po'u le ke'a cevni
> 
> It should be {no'u}, or {no'uva'i} instead of a single {va'i}, or
> le pacna goes as the x2 of gleki. And I don't understand that
> {ke'a}, maybe {vo'a}?

Worse: as written, it goes as parallel to {le cevni}, if I've counted 
parentheses right this time, so it needs {ku ku} (didn't we once have a 
"super ku," to lop off back to the selbri level?

> 
> >zi'e poi zatrgau lei terdi e lei tsani e lei xamsi e le xabju zi'e poi 
> >roroi bandu le se nupre
> 
> {zatygau}. Also, how about {zukte le se nupre}?
> 
"shamar" seems to have more the idea of protecting, defending, etc. than 
simply doing it -- but doing what is promises is also involved. I need to 
work on a good lujvo here.
Thanks again.