Subject: lojbo xajmi [was: Re: [lojban] Lojban Humour

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:04:33

>From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
li'o
>Bjoern Gohla asked me way back whether there are any instances of >Lojban 
>humour

in my LAPOI PELXU there are a variety of jokes, e.g.-

grammatical: after assigning values to various pronouns i use the
entire set of them in one sentence (13th paragraph): ko'a .e fo'a ca'o ciksi 
ko'i pe bau ko'e poi rinka lenu ba'o fendi ko'u le jaivi ko'o .e fo'o kei 
ku'o fo'e noi puzi jorne ku'o le stali po'o be ma'a ku pe fi'e fo'u noi 
ke'ajoi fo'i ba'o binxo co gunma

mock-heroic: (12th paragraph) the story of Inanna is retold, except--
.i co'i le pevyvro co pamoi ku fo'u goi le remna ba'o cirko le gimste
('At the first gate he lost his...gismu list.')

anticlimax: later (26th paragraph), the story of Chuang Tzu & his butterfly 
dream is retold, & then-- lu .a'i le ve ciksi co mela kobn,avn. kuku le te 
lisri befa dei cu galfi fo lo zgana fe le cfika fatci pe le ckafybarja 
.iseni'inaibo mi satci lerci le ckule ku'i li'u ('"By the Copenhagen 
interpretation, the Narrator by observing alters the fictive reality of this 
coffeehouse; notwithstanding which, however, I am definitely late for 
class."')

there are others.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com