Subject: Re: [lojban] la lisre re lo kumte

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 23:47:58 -0400

On Wed, 04 Jul 2001, Michal Wallace wrote:
>lisri be re kumte
>
>.i puzuvu la raca.bin.salim. te vecnu re lo kumte

this needs to be {racas} also, else it doesn't parse ("the he now Bin Salim")

>.i pa ky barda
>.i pa ky nalbarda
>.i le barda cu sputu fo la racas.
>.i le nalbarda tikpa le la racas. stedu

{cu} is needed here also

>.i la racas. vecnu re lo kumte
>
>fa'o
>
>Better?

Yes.

>Was the original title actually wrong, or is the shorter version just
>cleaner?

It meant "Story two camels", where "Story" is the name of something or someone
(I have met people named "Storey") and the verb is missing. {lisri be re kumte}
or {lisri re kumte} (they are equivalent) means "is a story about two camels"
and is an observative. {le lisri be re kumte} means "the story of two camels".
{le lisri be re kumte} and {lisri re kumte} both sound good to me, with
preference to the latter.

phma