Subject: Re: [lojban] IRC Lojban

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 14:20:09 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 03:43:31PM +1000, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> >
> > irc.openprojects.net is the server.
>
> Actually, irc.openprojects.net has a lot of split problems. Unless
> someone has a specific reason otherwise, I'd really prefer if you used
> digitalkingdom.org, my machine. The *only* irc traffic it gets is for
> the lojban list, there's no splits, and it's generally very low lag for
> people in north america.

Well, there are not nearly as many people making regular basis of your
server, (sadly) which is something of a strike against it. openproject's
#lojban has picked up a couple of more semiregulars since you gave up on
the network, too. Its also nice to have #lojban on a public network, as it
allows people with no idea the channel is there, or exists, to find it.

A big plus, though, is that I think I've only ever lost my route to your
server once (maybe twice).

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>