Subject: URGENT HELP WANTED! Reviewers for Nick's lessons

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 23:17:50 -0400

Nick reports to me that a couple hundred people have downloaded some or all 
of his lessons.

Unfortunately only a couple of people have given him any comments on them.

He is strongly desirous of finalizing the book before he gets drawn off 
into non-Lojban professional work for an extended period of time, and the 
latter could happen within days or weeks.

Thus, if you are reading the lessons, and are willing to comment on them 
for any of 1) typos, 2) Lojban technical errors, 3) suitability of the 
various units for teaching you who are Lojban novices, and 4) instances of 
English idiom that are confusing to any of you who are non-native speakers, 
I'd like you to let both Nick (and me) know that you are doing so, what 
part of the text (if not the whole thing) that you can get reviewed in a 
reasonably short time, and when you would expect to be done with that 
review so that we can budget time based on reasonable expectations of when 
people will have comments.

I am especially concerned that we not end up with several people reviewing 
the first couple of chapters and no one getting to the end, so people who 
have actually read the whole set of lessons might want to consider focusing 
their comments on later lessons.

We need some serious commitments from several people. The Reference 
Grammar went through an extended 2 year period of comments on drafts 
followed by 9 months of formatting and indexing before we were able to 
publish. Nick's available time is a couple of orders of magnitude less 
than that.

My goal right now is to have be as close to final as possible before 
LogFest at the end of this month, at which gathering we will make some 
major publication decisions. It is probably reasonable that we can then 
have books to sell before the end of the year.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org