Subject: CVS Etiquette (was: Re: NT translation)

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:48:05 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, And Rosta wrote:

> I'm also curious about what stops people messing with other people's
> translation. Just etiquette?

Etiquette, yes. I posted some guidelines, which Robin reposted, and
integrated into the README which he has placed within the CVS archive.

A copy of Robin's repost is at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/message/6840

CVS doesn't enforce any sort of policy, because there doesn't really and
truely need to be any. If someone were to trample all over your
translation, and commit to the archive, the old version is still there,
and can be recovered. Again, Robin or I could do something like that,
there isn't any need for most of the users to learn the intricacies.

Also, CVS is supposed to be used by parties which are presumably working
together in a beneficial manner, so it doesn't take into account
maliciousness. (Hopefully there wouldn't be any of that in the Lojban
community)

> ps. Jay -- did I see you say you're Taliesin? Conlang's Taliesin? I
> thought you were Norwegian.

That name is used quite a lot. :( I knew that when I started using IRC,
but used it anyways, since at the time I was only involved with a single
small, private IRC server. It still works well enough for IRC, but I've
always used my real name in email communication.

But no, I'm not Norwegian, and havn't ever been to Europe, though I'd love
to visit Scandanavia at some point.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Waiting Is.