Subject: Re: [lojban] NT translation

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:29:53 -0400 (EDT)

And Rosta scripsit:

> I'm also curious about what stops people messing with other people's
> translation. Just etiquette?

Here's the 7-point tour of CVS:

1. An administrator sets up files on a CVS server, which is like
a Web server, only smarter.

2. You download files that you are interested in editing.

3. You edit them to your heart's content.

4. Your friends-and-relations do the same.

5. When you are content, you upload your file. If your changes don't
conflict with those already made by your friends-and-relations,
all is well.

6. If there is a conflict, CVS makes you figure out what the Right
Thing is, and won't let you upload until you do.

7. The administrator can roll back changes he thinks are a Bad Thing.

-- 
John Cowan [email-masked]
One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
--Douglas Hofstadter