Subject: Re: [lojban] Blueberries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:17:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/2001 11:17:15 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Second, is there anything else called "corymbosum/us/a" which deserves a 
> common
> name, and is common enough to compete with the blueberry for the type-4 
> fu'ivla?
> 

You might expect the word to turn up somewhere in any case where blossoms or 
fruit come in clusters and, in particular, for some kind of ivy. I don't 
know whether it happens or not, though.

Since there are at least four species in Vaccinium (how many slice of 
blueberry pie to prevent smallpox?) with similar habits (I don't know about 
French blueberries ?myrtile? and I know there are highland American 
blueberies, but most are bog bushes) and uses (though I've never thought to 
to put blueberries on plaottar nor lingonberries on roast turkey), maybe the 
plan is to make a word from the genus and then sort the others out in second 
place (blue, red, BB, ...?)