Subject: Re: [lojban] Blueberries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:16:27 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/2001 11:17:15 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Second, is there anything else called "corymbosum/us/a" which deserves a 
> common
> name, and is common enough to compete with the blueberry for the type-4 
> fu'ivla?
> 

Corymb turns out to be a technical term for a certain arrangement of fruit, 
so it is in a number of descriptions, but maybe not so many names. I ran 
across four cases: Carlina corymbosa, Eriogonum corymbosum, and Pterostyrax 
corymbosus were given in a word list as examples of the use in all three 
genders, but I have no idea what they are; Cassia corymbosa is a senna but 
not one used in either medicine or cookery, so far as I can tell (it turned 
up in a look at siliqua, which with what I take to be a diminutive, silicula, 
is also an arrangement of fruit and so turns up all over the place -- though 
I don't quite see how it got to clams, unless they are razor clams that look 
like carob pods).