Subject: UserFriendly translations

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:14:46 -0600 (MDT)

In a thinly veiled attempt to advertise Lojban, I've translated the last 3
days worth of the online comic strip UserFriendly
(http://www.userfriendly.org/) into Lojban.

Each day of the comic strip has a threaded message board associated with
it, and every night, mere moments after the strip is posted, someone
created a "Translation Thread", wherein people have been posting German,
Esperanto, (Latin?), etc translations. So I got the bright idea to start
doing a Lojban translation.

The URLs for the three strips are:

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20010711
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20010712
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20010713

And the URLs for the comment wherein I translate the strip are:

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/read.cgi?id=20010711&tid=100595
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/read.cgi?id=20010712&tid=101110
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/read.cgi?id=20010713&tid=101305

I intend to continue doing this for as long and as frequently as I can
manage. However, if someone else thinks my translations completely suck
and they want to do it instead, by all means, go for it.

If someone maybe in Europe wanted to do them, that would be even better,
as each new strip is posted at midnight, pacific time. Thats far past my
normal bedtime. :) The sooner its translated, the better, since for
optimal advertising coverage, you want it there by the time people wake up
and read it for the first time.

I welcome polite critque of my translation work, please keep in mind,
however, that these are done as rapidly as I can manage, and without
consulting anyone. (In fact, today's was done at 1:20AM my time.)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>