Subject: Re: Location of Lojbangug

From: "A.W.T." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:50:32 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., "Craig" <ragnarok@p...> wrote:
> coi rodo
> 
> I've got another theory about lojbangug. If we look at the morphology, it=

> suggests Africa. Bantu languages are the only ones I've ever heard that
> begin words with sounds like ml and jb and zd.

Quite some people - not knowing of lojban - would tell me that it sounds so=
mehow like a Slavik language (with those initial pairs 
and the distinction between voiced and unvoiced consonats like "z" and "s")=
. 
Anyway, it's most probably kind of an antipode/negative culture with roots =
like {cirko} -> {tolcri}, {cliva} -> {tolcliva}, {citno} -
> {tolcitno} etc.
Maybe a people living in kind of UFO (or intergalactic ivory tower) with te=
levision, internet encyclopaedias etc. and no verbal  
communication with each other other than uttering command codes and the lik=
e (and awkwardly trying to express simple things like 
"already", subjunctives like "ha szivedbe zárnál, milyen jó is lenne"or "I=
looked down at my cup of coffee"). Lojbangug doesn't 
seem to be situated on this planet but be drifting somewhere out in space, =
intelligently, but without real access and understanding, 
observing earthly mankind from afar. They have assembled a whole (pretty la=
rge) set of psychoanalistic descriptive vocabulary for 
those creatures they're observing, but without really being able to feel co=
mpassion with them. And of course, they never had heard 
anything about poetry, except a strange yidish word - somehow gotten into =
there language - which is {.oi} (jaj). 

.aulun.