Subject: Re: [lojban] registry of experimental cmavo

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:51:17 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, And Rosta wrote:

> A. Is there a registry of experimental cmavo? If not, could
> we have one? If noone else wants to maintain it, I'd volunteer
> to.

My web page dictionary will allow people to submit experimental
cmavo and gismu, when it is complete.

As a note, I've started working on that again, so hopefully it won't be
too terribly much longer. :)

As a note, the dictionary in its current non-functioning form is at:
http://wiw.org/~jkominek/jbovlaste/
(username guest, password guest)

If you have any thoughts about data which the dictionary should
store/represent/contain, (or any thoughts in general on the way it should
work), please do email me privately.

> B. Can experimental cmavo belong to experimental selmaho and
> hence can there be experimental grammatical structures?

The grammar is supposed to be fixed and unchanging for the time being,
isn't it?

> 1. In BAhE: next word begins nonstandard construction.

How does the different from ba'e? If you're referring to an entire
nonstandard grammatical construct, then how does the listener know where
it ends?

> 2. bridi-to-sumti converter

Isn't that more or less what le/lo/etc do?

If nothing else, doesn't su'u do the job?

> 4. takes cmevla as complement and yields da-series KOhA, allowing
> bare cmevla to function as da-series KOhA thereafter.
>
> 5. takes cmevla as complement and yields ko'a-series KOhA, allowing
> bare cmevla to function as ko'a-series KOhA thereafter.

So basically you want cmevla to act as sumti, everywhere?

Whats wrong with the la?

> 6. In SE: fill places from x2/x3/x4/x5 onwards with zi'o

Speaking of that, I was thinking that another SE question which acts as
"fi'a" for all the sumti could be useful.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>