Subject: Re: [lojban] questions about DOI & cmene

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:58:00 -0400 (EDT)

Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) scripsit:

> Umm, asking me veridical or non-v. doesn't to me differentiate between la 
> and le, since both are non-v. in that neither la xunre nor le xunre have to 
> actually be red. It differentiates between la/le and lo.

True.

> Saying that there was no question of its meaning something doesn't tell me 
> whether it means it or doesn't mean it (I can read it either way), so which 
> are you concluding?

I conclude that "doi cribe" = "doi la cribe" was never considered, 
because that is not what Carter vocatives are for: they are all about
identifying "do" based on some characteristic such as "girl in the red
dress". The question was whether that description had to be veridical;
you said it didn't.

I have copied jimc.

-- 
John Cowan [email-masked]
One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
--Douglas Hofstadter