Subject: RE: [lojban] registry of experimental cmavo

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:45:31 -0400

At 02:32 PM 07/17/2001 +0100, And Rosta wrote:
>Jay:
> > On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, And Rosta wrote:
> >
> > > A. Is there a registry of experimental cmavo? If not, could
> > > we have one? If noone else wants to maintain it, I'd volunteer
> > > to.
> >
> > My web page dictionary will allow people to submit experimental
> > cmavo and gismu, when it is complete.
>
>This is good, but I'd like to have access to records specifically
>of proposed additions/innovations/augmentations to the language.

There is no formal method of proposing additions, innovations, or 
augmentations to the language, and Lojban Central is unalterably opposed to 
even setting up a system for doing so during the baseline period, because 
the mere existence of such a system renders one major purpose of the 
baseline meaningless (the two major purposes being long term stability in 
order to develop a large speaker population and, the one that is 
threatened, the transfer of the language change process from one of formal 
control and direction to one of natural language change by evolution among 
speakers of the language).

Proposals for changes are by their nature prescriptions. We want no 
prescriptions other than the official language, until the baseline period 
ends. Ideally, at that point, there will be no need for English language 
discussion of changes.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org