Subject: Re: [lojban] registry of experimental cmavo

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:57:56

la and cusku di'e

>List of experimentals on my wishlist:
>
>1. In BAhE: next word begins nonstandard construction.

I don't think it could be in BAhE. You want something that
will stop the parser from parsing what follows, but we don't
want {ba'e} to do that.

>2. bridi-to-sumti converter

Would something in selma'o LU do it? It could take more than a
bridi, but I often find that I want to put more than a bridi
inside a du'u.

>3. bridi-to-ROI converter, expressing "p in PA possible worlds in
>which q"

How about just something in ROI, say {xu'e}, then we can say
something like {<p> roru'e le du'u <q>} (or your new LU instead
of {le du'u}). This way we don't need any change in the grammar.
Besides, what would your bridi-roi tag as a sumti tcita?

>4. takes cmevla as complement and yields da-series KOhA, allowing
>bare cmevla to function as da-series KOhA thereafter.

This can be done already with cmene:
{su'o da goi la alf ro da goi la bet su'o da goi la gam zo'u}.

>5. takes cmevla as complement and yields ko'a-series KOhA, allowing
>bare cmevla to function as ko'a-series KOhA thereafter.

What you really seem to be after is allowing bare cmevla to
function as sumti. I think that would require changes in the
resolution algorithm, and if that were an option I would go
for more fundamental changes than that.

>6. In SE: fill places from x2/x3/x4/x5 onwards with zi'o

I don't think that drawing attention to them should be the way
to deal with those places.

>7. forethought sumti-tail connectives [tho experimental usage
>of bridi-tail connectives as sumti-tail connectives would suffice?]

I can't think of a context where {le ge broda gi brode} would
cause ambiguity. If it doesn't, I don't see why it should not
be allowed.

>8. nonveridicality indicator (a) with grammar of NA, (b) that can
>occur in relative phrases

I don't know, maybe {je'ucu'i}?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.