Subject: Re: [lojban] Looking down: executive summary?

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:21:30 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:

> At which point, I throw the question open to *all* who have read some or
> all of Nick's lessons, with especial focus on the opinions of newer
> Lojbanists: is this the type of book YOU need or would like to read as a
> beginner in the language, or do we need something more basic, to which this
> book would be the follow-on.

I think the lessons are almost perfect, in both execution and coverage.
(The only thing I could imagine doing would be to shorten them by a few
chapters, taking out a bit of the more advanced content, and using that as
the beginning of a second set of advanced lessons. As it is, the gap
between the lessons and the reference grammar might be the teeniest
smidgen too steep)

As some are now mentioning, a work book and all the other various
multimedia learning aids which are popular in language education would be
nice to go along with it, but obviously, resources are limited.

The only way I could see a more beginning text written is if it were
targetted at children and heavily illustrated, etc.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>