Subject: RE: [lojban] registry of experimental cmavo

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:01:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, And Rosta wrote:

> Anyway, try not to get me started on this "let usage decide", "thousand
> flowers bloom" baloney.

I think it's not so much "let usage decide" as much as it is "let the
users decide". One really needs to spend dozens or hundreds of hours
thinking in Lojban, or trying to, to be able to suggest meaningful
improvements. How else does one know which is really desirable from the
Lojban perspective, and which are the attempted importations of English or
other foreign sources?

This is the difference between a language that's actually used by people,
vs. entertainment for language nerds; a specialized sort of crossword
puzzle.

-----
We do not like And if a cat
those Rs and Ds, needed a hat?
Who can't resist Free enterprise
more subsidies. is there for that!