Subject: Re: [lojban] Looking down: executive summary?

From: Anthony Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:06:22 -0500

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 11:20:22PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> At which point, I throw the question open to *all* who have read some or 
> all of Nick's lessons, with especial focus on the opinions of newer 
> Lojbanists: is this the type of book YOU need or would like to read as a 
> beginner in the language, or do we need something more basic, to which this 
> book would be the follow-on.

I'm a Lojban beginner, and I have a history of having a really hard time
learning new languages (I flunked out of German in college). I think
Nick's lessons are perfect, and not at too high a level. I've had no
problem comprehending the lessons so far, and I have been able to read
quite a bit of Lojban on this mailing list using the word lists from the
Lojban file archive and the knowledge gained from the lessons. I'm only on
lesson 6 though, so I can't speak for the later lessons. The only
corrections I've sent to Nick so far are typos and minor errors.

Publishing Nick's lessons in a paper-back book would be a really good
thing, and I know I'd buy a copy, and recommend it to other Lojban
beginners.

-- 
name: Anthony Roach
homepage: http://www.electriceyeball.com
email: [email-masked]
PGP: http://www.electriceyeball.com/aroach.asc