Subject: RE: [lojban] registry of experimental cmavo - new proposals featuring XOhA and UI and BAI

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:14:48 -0400

I have some other experimental cmavo to propose. In selma'o XOhA, I think in
addition to loglan toggle (xo'a) we need a toggle for each source language.
Also, a way to mark fu'ivla for the language they derive from, which would
of course be optional but helpful.

Furthermore, it seems to me that natural evolution of the language will
inevitably result in dialects forming. There needs to be a system for
systematically naming dialects as they form, so we can say 'foo speaks
dialect bar'; I even suggest that we make a gismu with place structure 'x1
speaks lojban dialect x2' and also that selma'o XOhA have dialect toggles
(maybe mutable, see below).
I expect that people with different aims with lojban will speak different
dialects, and I want to be able to say so in lojban, and try to communicate
with more than one, hence the dialect toggle.

My other proposal is the mutable BAI cmavo. the undefined BAI do'e gets a
rafsi attached to the beginning and then adds a place to the bridi for the
first place of the rafsi. Thus 'ti botpi ja'ado'e fu' means 'this is a
bottle with leader foo.' Since usage will decide everything, MY usage will
start deciding that this is in effect, effective now, unless someone
explains why there ISN'T a bai cmavo for EVERY gismu - why do some need it
more than others? Who decided which ones got bai? Why can't a bottle have a
leader, making ja'ado'e useful (although not as much so with botpi as with
other gismu, admittedly)? My house contains a gismu list, so what's wrong
with adding a place to make it a house with lojbanic things? (ti zdani
lobdo'e gismu, this is a house whose lojbanic things include gismu)
Beyond mutable BAI: A mutable XOhA so that I can switch to speaking punjabi
and you'll know it, rather than wondering what's coming out of my mouth. A
mutable KOhA so that people can say 'he' as 'the man-type-of-it' or refer to
their dog as the dog-it. We would still use the old BAI because they are
shorter than mutating do'e to say the same thing, and we would still use the
old KOhA until we had used all five.

More UI cmavo. The classical geeks had three kinds of love. let's declare
all strings of three vowels to be UIA series UI, basically experimental
attitudinals.

.a'oesai <where a'oe is like a'o but is CLEARLY DEFINED as non-assertive, I
don't expect all this to happen and would rather use of a'o not rehash the
attitudinal debate again, so I will use a'oe for non-assertions that are
hoped and a'oi for assertions which are 'as i had hoped' and a'oa for
assertions which give me hope. a'o'o and a'o'u are yet to be determined> (I
know that doesn't fit the kinds of love model, but a'o sorely needed it.)

--la kreig.daniyl

'segu le bavli temci gi mi'o renvi lo purci
.i ga le fonxa janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku cmesanji: 0x5C3A1E74