Subject: Re: [lojban] Looking down: executive summary?

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:17:09 -0400

At 01:52 PM 07/17/2001 -0700, Brion L. VIBBER wrote:
>Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) skribis:
> > Unfortunately, the only BEGINNER I've heard from (someone who has never
> > read the refgrammar or tried to speak the language, seems to be finding the
> > lessons too steep.
>
>Hi, new guy here. I've been lurking on the list for a couple weeks, and have
>browsed through part of the reference grammar but not enough to, say, parse a
>simple sentence. I'd be happy to give the lessons a try and report on their
>apparent difficulty if someone would be so kind as to point me to their
>hiding place.

http://ptolemy.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis/lojbanbrochure/

The download link to the lessons may be found towards the bottom of the 
page, in several formats. rtf format is best for reading with Microsoft 
Word, and there is on line and offline HTML versions as well. Detailed 
comments to Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>; my interest is in trying to 
find out if this is the sort of thing we want to send to people who are 
first expressing interest in Lojban - the book was originally intended to 
be part of the "Intro to Lojban" book that Nick refers to as the "brochure" 
on the page above, but it expanded to the point that it has to be a 
separate book.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org