Subject: Re: [lojban] Vocabulary in Lessons

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:05:12 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

> You will note the Lessons now have a vocab list up the back. Should this
> be a complete listing of gismu place structures, as is the case for the
> vocab embedded in the individual lessons, or should these merely be
> one-word glosses, ...
>
> Please provide complete listing of the gismu place structures. Many
> people have been confused by one-word glosses. The complete listings
> are harder at first glance, but easier and better in the long run
> since they help people understand.

Including complete information on maybe 100 brivla or so would also ease
the complaint that the lessons aren't stand alone and that you'll still
need to buy the dictionary to speak the language. (See the amazon.com
comments on the reference grammar. Such comments, IMO, aren't valid for
the reference grammar, but lessons that you're spending money on ought to
contain enough vocabulary that a person can go around saying stuff to
their friends in the language.)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>