Subject: RE: [lojban] registry of experimental cmavo - new proposals featuring XOhA and UI and BAI

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:16:47 -0400

>> lobdo'e gismu, this is a house whose lojbanic things include gismu)
>> Beyond mutable BAI: A mutable XOhA so that I can switch to speaking
punjabi
>> and you'll know it, rather than wondering what's coming out of my mouth.

>{di'e panjabi} should suffice here, unless you want the parser to know to
>stop parsing.

On the lojban wiki I found xo'a, the loglan toggle I refer to. if di'e
loglan is good enough, why was this proposed?

>> A mutable KOhA so that people can say 'he' as 'the man-type-of-it' or
refer to
>> their dog as the dog-it.

>This is pretty much what {le nanmu} and {le gerku} mean.

Not if their are two men and three dogs, then they mean the men and the
dogs.

On the ui thing, Lojbab's mention of the modifiers is not sufficient to
capture the possible uses of UI.
Is 'physical love' the kind where you cuddle a lot, the kind where you have
lots of sex (like the greek eros), both, or something else? What is 'mental
love' - amourous thoughts or love of knowledge? What is social happiness? If
these are to be useful they need more clarification.

BTW, I think in addition to C, Vi, and Unix, the ancient geeks had a term
for love of hardware - ENIAC.

--la kreig.daniyl

'segu le bavli temci gi mi'o renvi lo purci
.i ga le fonxa janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku cmesanji: 0x5C3A1E74