Subject: RE: [lojban] registry of experimental cmavo - new proposals featuring XOhA and UI and BAI

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:27:07 -0400

At 11:16 PM 07/18/2001 -0400, Craig wrote:
>On the ui thing, Lojbab's mention of the modifiers is not sufficient to
>capture the possible uses of UI.
>Is 'physical love' the kind where you cuddle a lot, the kind where you have
>lots of sex (like the greek eros), both,

I would presume either, possibly with an intensity marker, maybe with an 
exertion/effort indicator for the more active sort and a "comfort" 
indicator for the cuddling.

> or something else? What is 'mental
>love' - amourous thoughts or love of knowledge?

A love expressed primarily through mental activity. This might range from 
Don Quixote's love for his ideal lady to the mental recollection of the 
cuddling and /or sex of the previous example.

> What is social happiness? If
>these are to be useful they need more clarification.

The Greeks elaborated their theories of love over centuries. You want a 
Lojban science of emotions to appear in moments. Use the language and your 
usage will come to embody that clarification.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org