Subject: Re: superlearning lojban

From: "Michal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:58:01 -0000

Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> > I'm trying an experiment.. There's a book called 
> > superlearning that talks about learning languages 
> > (and other things) very quickly through a passive process 
> > involving hearing words and translations set to music with
> > a very specific rhythm (basically 1 beat per second)..
> 
> Is there any hard evidence that this works?

I'm not sure. I believe so, but from what I understand most of 
the formal research was done in the USSR (back when it was still 
the USSR). Look up "suggestopedia"...

It's been a while since I read the the Superlearning books. I
know there was a lot of empirical evidence (people teaching
classes this way with success).. Not sure about the study. 
They actually read the content aloud, of course, rather than
just display it on a screen.

-Michal