Subject: Re: [lojban] From the classics

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:42:53 -0700 (PDT)

I understood the story, but I think I failed to get the joke. Not the joke
in the second para, but the first: what does the depth and coldness of the
river have to do with the *ahem* competition involved?

And does the dialect thing mean Pierre is in the South? Where are Brer
Rabbit stories indigenous to again, anyway?

Interesting that the author tried to fix the cmene problem with ractu,
making it ractuc, but failed to do it with cribe. And I don't think
anyone's going to get brn. and mns. as burna and mensi: the phonological
reduction of B'rer won't have the right stylistic *or* morphological
counterparts in Lojban, so one might as well stick to the canonical burn.
and mens. Oh, and laizas. is not a legitimate cmene.

Other than that, it was fine. :-) Who's the guilty party?

-- 
/||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||\
| "One must first know that traditionally a Japanese bus has carried not ||
| only a driver but one or more young girls who stand in the aisles and ||
| sell tickets, announce stops, and in general console the passengers for||
| the inadequacies and discomforts of this transient world." \
| --- Roy Andrew Miller, _The Japanese Language_, p. 251 \
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
\[email-masked]|||||||Transient Passenger||||||Nick Nicholas||||||||||
==\||||||||||||www.opoudjis.net||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||/
()() ()() ()()