Subject: Re: [lojban] kargu mleca

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:51:00

la pier cusku di'e

>The phrase for "I'm looking for something less expensive" is "mi sisku
>lo'e kargu mleca". Should this be "mi sisku tu'a lo'e kargu mleca" or
>"mi sisku lo ka kargu mleca"?

I don't like the way sisku is defined in the gismu list. Having
a place for the property and no place for the thing that has the
property sounds so strange (from a Lojbanic perspective) to me
that I can't bring myself to use such structure. Is there any
other gismu that shares this odd feature?

i la camgusmis cusku di'e

>Heh heh.
>
>Nice to see that someone else forgets about poi:
>
>mi sisku ko'a poi kargu mleca

The problem with this is that ko'a has no referent.

>Although I would probably use mleca kargu; why are you doing it the
>other way?

Because I'm not looking for something that is expensive, I'm looking
for something that is less.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp