Subject: RE: [lojban] how can i help lojban? what can $ do?

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 15:15:34 -0400

At 10:45 AM 07/21/2001 +0100, And Rosta wrote:
>Lojbab:
> > If we want to publish books, we need lots of money (thousands of
> > dollars). We still haven't paid off the loan from the refgrammar yet.
>
>Could costs be saved in future by using a print-on-demand publisher?

As last years minutes will show you, we have already started to consider 
this option. Our problem is then getting material in a print-on-demand 
format, which Nick is doing of course. Print on demand books will not 
likely be high quality, which may or may not impact sales (libraries and 
bookstores won't like them as much). I don't know what they cost, since we 
haven't gotten any meaningful price quotes. Probably 3-5 cents a page, I 
would guess, plus some for the cover and binding. So we are still talking 
$15-$20 for the lessons book, though with little up front cost and no 
income to pay for other activities.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org